Tuesday, November 15, 2016

week 5 of my clinical experience

Today, the students continued to work on their project regarding making a toy and advertising it. The teacher gave them iPads to work on their iMovie for the commercial. I love this idea of having the children use the iPads because in this generation, technology is a key contributor to learning. Technology is very relevant in today's society too. I think it is good that the students can use their skill of using technology and what they are learning in class.
Also today, I worked with multiple students on multiplication and different methods of multiplying numbers together. I liked that the teacher gave her students multiple ways to do multiplication because it shows students that there is more than one way to solve a problem.
It really hit me today how lucky these children are. For my service, I go to St. Thomas Aquinas and work with students on their homework and just play with them. They have told me so many horrific stories about what goes on at their school. Today, one kid told me that there were gun shots outside his school and everyone had to evacuate to the cafeteria. While at Gesu, kids have iPads and clean clothes and working bathrooms. It is very sad that schools are very different in these ways. They are also both private Catholic schools. I just find it astonishing that no matter how similar the schools can be, there will always be a significant difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment