Saturday, November 12, 2016

week 4 of my clinical experience

In the fourth week, I observed math again. They were doing the same box thing that I experienced in week two. This time, instead of just doing the problems all together, the teacher told her students that they should complete the worksheet in groups of two, which were picked for them.
She then went around the room to help each group if they needed help. The teacher asked me to help these two boys with the worksheet. As I was helping them, I could tell they were getting frustrated because they just wanted to add or subtract. I tried my hardest to explain each problem in different way so that it would click for them. I also used the teacher's method of not telling the students the answer, but I rather asked questions to help them get the answers on their own. This way of teaching can give the students pride when they get it right because they did it all on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment