Wednesday, November 30, 2016

my clinical experience: week 7

This week at Gesu, I witnessed the children doing multiplication stations. One station was on the iPads playing math games. Another was a board game where they solve each spot they land on, while another station was will the teacher and their math book. There were more stations but I couldn't see them. I was working with the children playing the board game. It was fun watching them trying to use different methods to solve multiplication problems.
Later, the teacher explained to me that she gave them a reward for being very good so she allowed them to play until lunch. I loved that she did this because school, especially for young children, should be fun. They should be allowed to play along with learning. Playing can stimulate social skills, creativity and a lot more. Children should be able to play more and explore the world around them, what they are interested in and how things work. It is essential to human growth and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment