Friday, November 11, 2016

week 2 of my clinical experience

Week 2 of my clinical experience was a little different than the week before.
I helped a student read an evaluation worksheet that the teacher gave to her students for parent-teacher conference night. I made sure I didn't tell him all the words, but I helped his sound them out. He was a very sweet boy and extremely happy to be in school. I think it is a good idea to have students at such a young age self-evaluate themselves because it develops that mentality of checking himself or herself and make sure that he or she doesn't get too distracted. It also shares how the students feel, rather than just the teacher explaining their opinion on the student.
Also, I learned a new math method for adding and subtracting. They call in the bar system/model. The students basically draw a bar and put in the numbers they know and then a question mark for the variable that they do not know. The students are getting very frustrated with it because they just want to add/subtract and call it a day. But the teacher is making then learn this method because it is "the Gesu way". This was a very different way from when I learned to add and subtract but the teacher explained that it would help the students multiple and divide and use fractions. I am yet to see the multiplying and dividing but I am excited to experience the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment