Thursday, September 8, 2016

why do I want to be a teacher? (blogpost 2)

I think that I always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. I have always loved kids. I have always enjoyed seeing that spark go off in their head when they get an answer correct. And I have always imagined myself as someone who can change their life.

It all started when I saw my mom teach. She currently teaches 8th grade math in NY. My mom would bring me to her classroom and watch her teach when I was about 6 years old. I was amazed at how she was so great with the kids and how much the kids loved her. This is only one reason that I want to teach.

Another reason is that I have such a great connection with younger children. I know how they think and how they act. I can adapt to each child and how they understand content. I like them and they like me. I also enjoy how the children can teach me things everyday. Even though they are very young, they can still enlighten me.

Teaching would not be just a profession for me. It would be my life, and my time to make a difference in a child's life. If I only change one child's life in my career of teaching, it would be worth it. I am very excited to pursue my dream as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment